Sunday 29 September 2013

Social Integration - Music Artists



 Music plays a huge role in peoples lives and the help of social media has greatly broadened the audience for music so more people can easily search and listen to an artists work. The idea of inclusion is considered to be an important therefore people may listen to a particular artist or genre in order to involve themselves in a conversation made by a group or friends. Sites like Youtube allow viewers to search popular music and even rare music from artists as you may be borderline obsessed with a certain artist or group. Social integration can also apply to movies and television as again people may watch a particular film or show in order to be able to be included in discussions about the show/film. 

 Talking from personal experience I have witnessed and triggered social integration within my group of friends. Recently one of my friends introduced me to Australian hip hop artist Iggy Azalea (right) as my friend is very current within the hip hop and rap genre of music. I have fallen in love with the Australian rapper and her music is meaningful often talking about her gamble of a trip from Australian to Miami at 16 with practically no money at all. Although she is currenlty considered to be a up and coming artist, her songs 'Work' and 'Bounce' have climbed the charts being in the top 20 songs on the UK's Official Charts. Her new song 'Change Your Life' features rapper and mentor T.I and is expected to appear in the top 10. Another artist that I was introduced to was Taylor Swift who I was introduced to by one of my friends who loves country music and is one of Taylors biggest fans - I did the same by introducing her to glitter princess Ke$ha (below). The use of social integration has allowed people to communicate and discuss topics, it gains an interest about a certain media and creates conversation about it - as now I can talk about Iggy Azalea & Taylor Swift music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment